Saturday, October 1, 2011

Battlefield 3 Beta Thoughts

What's up guys, I've been playing the BF3 Beta all day yesterday and today, and just decided to give you guys my thoughts about it.
My biggest gripe is that it's only one map and only one game mode. If it was Rush on like 3 maps, or 3 different game modes on Operation Metro, it would be awesome.
I went to my friend's house to play Caspian Border on his PC only to learn that they shut down the Caspian Border servers (I think it would have made more sense to shut down the weaker map: Metro). That kind of sucked too.
The first thing I noticed about this game was, the sound. Especially if you are wearing a headset, the noise atmosphere of this game sounds amazing. You can hear people pretty far from you, and you can hear explosions all the way across the map.
Which is a good transition to my next point, the map is huge. I've been playing mostly CoD the past few years, and I'm used to small maps with a lot of action. Don't get me wrong, big maps are awesome, even better imo.
I didn't even know that this part in the picture existed for the first few matches I played.

My friend who is a more professional at Battlefield told me that other maps are even bigger. That should be awesome.
One thing I hate is that it's not fully destructible, you can make craters from grenades, cut down trees, destroy some walls, and shoot the face of some walls off. I played BC2 only a couple times, but I remember it was almost a fully destructible environment. I don't know, maybe it's because it's only a beta, or maybe it's just the map, but I'm disappointed with it.
The graphics aren't nearly as good as any gameplay we've seen, but I'm pretty sure the graphics are compressed for the beta.
The gameplay is awesome though. It's fun and exciting. The park outside can get a little annoying, getting sniped by LMG's and stuff, but once you go inside the subway station, it is really fun. The hitmarkers seem a little slow, bu maybe that's just my aim. One thing is that you can't cook grenades. I don't know why, you just can't. Once you get the controls down, its really fun, for a while. I got kind of bored playing the same game and map consecutively, so I played some MW2, and after I came back, I had fun again. Now I'm writing this post.
Another thing I hate are the spawns, sometimes I spawn on a teammate and I get killed instantly. Sometimes I spawn in the spawn zone (can't remember the name) and I still get killed instantly. I guess they can't fix spawning on your teammates and dying, but they should fix the spawn zones.
Well that's pretty much it, going to go play some more now!

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be good I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda funny. I was playing Doom (Yes, Doom!) the other day... It's amazing to see how much FPS have changed over the years!

    ReplyDelete