Monday, November 21, 2011

PC is working!

Well, I went to Fry's yesterday with my dad to buy my case, and when we went, he lent me $50 to buy a power supply. It was the same brand, Antec, so I was kind of reluctant at first, but it all worked out in the end. Well we got home, I plug in the power supply, nothing. Right before I suited up to go bomb Antec for their second defunct PSU, my dad, an electrician, wanted to try something. He said just flipping on the switch for the PSU won't open it, you need a motherboard connection to switch it on. Well that's exactly what we did, and it worked. My old one was probably not DOA either, I was just stupid enough to think that it would turn on completely just by flipping the switch. Well now after a good night's rest, we're installing Windows 7. I'll get some more pics and info later.
I also successfully unlocked the 2 dormant cores, so now I have a quad core CPU, but I didn't check if it's 100% stable yet, but once I get into my OS, that's the first thing I'll do.

2 comments: